Friday, December 28, 2007

The Hilda Story

For those of you who know Savannah, you know how important Hilda is. Hilda is Savannah's stuffed hippo, and she goes everywhere with her. Dallin bought it for her when she was born. It has been her favorite toy since she was about 10 months old. She uses Hilda like most little girls use dolls. She talks to her, gives her piggyback rides, rolls the ball to her, pushes her in her shopping cart, etc. Well Connor has decided that Hilda is his FAVORITE thing to chew on. He'll see Hilda clear across the room and go for her as fast as he can. So today I went to the store and got a new purple hippo. This way at least one of them will hopefully be clean at naptime and bedtime. I also bought Connor a little turtle. He does like it and will chew on it, but got very excited when he saw that there are now 2 hippos to find.
HILDA UPDATE: The purple hippo is now named HEIDI on some days and PURPLE HILDA on others.

3 comments:

brownymama said...

Hi. My name is Krista Cook- Brown. I'm a friend of Dallin and Amy's. I've loved looking at your blog today and I'm so glad I found it. Where do you live in Texas? I'm guessing Austin area. We just moved from San Antonio. (:

Lisa said...

Is "Hilda" named for the book "Hilda must be Dancing"?

Strong Family - said...

Nope, Hilda the Hippo on the Richard Scarry ABC video. That was what popped in my head when Dallin brought it home.