So I've been a little MIA this week from blogging. I've really wanted to...life just got busy! I'm going to do a run-down of activities since I last updated, for the sake of our family journal. Feel free to scroll down to pictures...
We've had friends over to play and played at a friend's house.
Savannah and Connor helped me set up for a wedding reception at the church. Connor actually played okay in the nursery room, only crying for the first half hour.
I attended the wedding reception of Chris & J.Q. Johnson...very beautiful.
Last Saturday Dallin helped at a ward service project. Everything else was cancelled for the day because of Hurricane Ike (YW volleyball, a birthday party that Zach was supposed to attend, a quad-stake dance that our ward was helping with). We were supposed to have really bad storms...but instead we had some wind and about 20 seconds of rain. It was actually a really nice day and has been cooler ever since (although the heat is creeping back). The kids and I made a playdough farm. Jacob insisted on putting his bat-boat in the pond.
Zach said his farm will look like this someday...just real.
We've had friends over to play and played at a friend's house.
Savannah and Connor helped me set up for a wedding reception at the church. Connor actually played okay in the nursery room, only crying for the first half hour.
I attended the wedding reception of Chris & J.Q. Johnson...very beautiful.
Last Saturday Dallin helped at a ward service project. Everything else was cancelled for the day because of Hurricane Ike (YW volleyball, a birthday party that Zach was supposed to attend, a quad-stake dance that our ward was helping with). We were supposed to have really bad storms...but instead we had some wind and about 20 seconds of rain. It was actually a really nice day and has been cooler ever since (although the heat is creeping back). The kids and I made a playdough farm. Jacob insisted on putting his bat-boat in the pond.
Connor does this quite often...this picture was taken when the marble toy was being really noisy.
On Tuesday I got to go in to Zach's class and read a story. His teacher let me bring Connor and Savannah with me. It was really fun and something I'll probably get to do often. That night I took dinner to my friend Sherry who just had a very cute little baby boy. Side note to self...don't experiment with cooking when you're taking dinner to someone.
That night I also realized I hadn't finished stuff for Music Class the next day. It was at our house and we were making "boats" for Row, Row Your Boat. While I did cutting for Zach's teacher and then fish for the boats, Dallin used my scrapbook punches and made millions of little shapes for me. Thanks Dallin!
Savannah loves her boat...it has mostly become a boat for her "pets."
Savannah loves her boat...it has mostly become a boat for her "pets."
Wednesday night was mutual. We planned activities for the rest of the year. We only have 4 young women usually, so it's an interesting dynamic.
Savannah still loves to "hold" Connor. Luckily he doesn't mind too much.
Thursday morning I got to go help in Jacob's class for a while (thanks Meleah for watching my kids!). It was nice to see how they did things and who the kids are in his class. Jacob is a great student. We're so proud of him.
Zach decided that Savannah's room is too empty. So they made "wallpaper" for her room with the leftover shapes.
Zach decided that Savannah's room is too empty. So they made "wallpaper" for her room with the leftover shapes.
I love Zach.
Yesterday Connor went to our new pediatrician. He had to get shots and was not a happy camper. It was so cute though...they had me undress him and put a little baby hospital gown on him for the exam. I was wishing I had my camera.
Then I took Savannah to get her first real hair cut (not just me trimming it). She did awesome and was really excited about it. Now I know how they do it and I think I can do just as good...so she probably won't be going back anytime soon. Sshhh...don't tell her that. The last picture shows her after her haircut. They took about 2 1/2 inches off, but it's still long.
I also signed Jacob up for soccer this week. Today I'm going to the parent's meeting to figure out when his practices will be. It is a co-ed league and they will only have games from the middle of October to the middle of December. He's super excited, so that makes me happy.

3 comments:
Busy lady! Too much service...if you just cut that out maybe you woul dhave time to do important stuff like keep us posted on what service your not doing.
The dinner was really good and we are super appreciative for it!!
I love Savannah's hair AND the boats. You have been very busy!
Post a Comment