For the last 3 years some birds (finches I think) have built a nest on our porch. The first 2 years they got scared off after a day or so because we're always out there. This year they finally laid their eggs in it. There was 5 eggs when they finished.
Here is the view from our house. It's in that little space on top of the post. It's a good spot...wind and rain can't touch it.
Today we're packing for Arizona. We leave tomorrow morning at 4:30am. We're driving to Mesa tomorrow...1,030 miles. Unfortunately we can only stay for a week, so we'll have to cram in time with both of our families. The kids will get to meet 3 new cousins though! I told Zach that we were going to have to work hard to pack today. He is so excited to go that he came to wake me up this morning and said "Let's get to work!" He's been helping me all morning, sorting laundry, finding things for me, etc. The kids can't wait to see you Grandmas and Grandpas!

4 comments:
We can't wait to see you either! Tommy especially has been looking forward to your visit.
I've never seen baby birds hatching before. That was interesting. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.
That's cool that you have a nest with eggs hatching. I'm sorry we'll miss you guys this trip. We'll have to catch you another time!
Cute pictures!! have a safe trip!!! :)
Post a Comment