Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Let's Go Fly a Kite"

On Tuesday it was windy so we finally tried out the paper bag kite that Jacob made at cub scouts a couple of months ago.
He was happy to get it up a couple of times!
We went to the park on Monday and Tuesday...in the middle of July. That NEVER happens. It was really cloudy (although it never rained) and there was a slight breeze. The kids had a great time at a new park we'd never been to (Kinningham Park if you live in Round Rock). The 3 older kids loved the "rock wall."
Connor loves the train track to drive cars on. He won't do the actual train because it kind of scares him. Jacob is a nice brother and sets this all up for him most days.
For a cub scout project Jacob made a model stealth bomber. He loved the painting part...he did it all except I helped with the detail stuff.

Today we went swimming with friends for playgroup and the kids had a GREAT time. They also got to go play at a friend's house. Jacob said "I just love summer. It has AWESOME days!"

2 comments:

Don and Sandy said...

You are always having fun with your kids. What a great Mom. You are also the only one blogging anymore. I don't know whats happening. Maybe its facebook.

Ronya said...

I hope I'm as fun as you when I have kids. Im pretty sure you were fun before you had kids so I may be out of luck.
Tanya