Thursday, February 11, 2010

Connor's 3rd Birthday!

Connor turned 3 yesterday! He was still pretty sick, so he was not in the best mood. But he was at least excited to open presents. He got a new "light ball" as he calls it, since the one he got for Christmas last year got broken.
He loves to color right now, so he got some new "BIG" triangular-shaped crayons. Three are already broken I believe.The balloons all over the family room have become tradition when the kids wake up on their birthday. He had a great time with them.
After dinner he got to open the rest of his gifts. He got some new bubbles and a couple of toy recorders (flutes) and some new clothes.
One of his favorite things was a Little Einsteins Color Wonder set from Grandma & Grandpa.
He's been very excited for his cake and blowing out his candles. He was so happy while we sang and then blew them out all by himself (I think).
Afterwards he yelled "I did it!"
Connor's cake was very simple because he just didn't care. His favorite color right now is pink, so I made a jello "poke" cake that turned the cake pink inside. He thought it was great, so I was happy. Happy Birthday Connor!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Connor looks pretty happy there. It's tough to be sick on your birthday. Rachael tried to give Alex triangle shaped crayons and he ate them. It's too funny. It's so much fun to see your kids grow up on your blog.

Johnson Family said...

Hey guys! I just caught up on all your posts from this week, because I was pretty sick for most of the week with chemo.
I was sooo excited to see you guys do the "heart attack" idea, and wouldn't you know it, your hearts were tons cuter!! He!he! I loved all the colors!
I loved seeing Connor's birthday entries. You are such a great mom, and you can tell when you see the posts, what happy kids you have!
I also loved to see the "grumpy Connor" because that is what true life is sometimes!
I love you guys, and keep posting!
Christa