Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blue & Gold Banquet

Last night was the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet. The boys each had to make a cake that was based around a book or story. Jacob did the "Magic Treehouse." (If you're not familiar it's a very popular series for early elementary age readers.) He did a great job on the cake. I did the words and the ladder, but he put on most everything else. Great job Jacob!Connor wanted to "help" so we let him play with some sprinkles that still had the plastic seal on them. Apparently plastic safety seals are not Connor-proof. It's hard to tell in the picture but there are chocolate sprinkles in a 5-foot radius around Connor.The kids LOVED seeing all the different cakes that the boys had made. Zach was glued to that table throughout the entire night. When it came time for the auction Jacob was very happy with the cake he got...a lightning bolt Zeus cake (from Percy Jackson & the Olympians).
Jacob has awesome den moms and leaders. He got a silver arrow tonight and they recognized that he will be a Bear at the end of this month.
Jacob's Magic Treehouse cake was awarded the "Most Fun." He was thrilled.

3 comments:

Grandma LeSueur said...

Way to go, Jacob!! Cool cake! I can't believe you are in Cub Scouts--seems like not very long ago that YOU were Connor's age and lining up all of Grandma's Sprinkles collection. :0)

Melinda said...

I love cub scouts! He looks so grown up in his uniform. Looks like a really fun night. I'm so glad that I have boys so I can be a scout mom too someday:)

Johnson Family said...

what a beautiful cake Jake!!!!! You look sooo grown up with your braces!!! I love the Magic Treehouse series too!!!! I love watching you guys grow up on the blog!!
Love you guys!
Christa