Every year at the kids' school they do a Veteran's Day Program. One of the music teachers was in the army for 12 years and makes sure this gets done. They invite any relative of the kids who is a veteran. The veterans sit on the stage and get to introduce themselves and tell when they served. They also recognize the kids whose parents are currently serving (which I think is really neat). After that the kids sing patriotic songs to the veterans. It is a fun program and the kids learn those songs really well since they do them every year.
Savannah was so excited to participate this year, after watching this program for the last 3 years. They divide into 2 or 3 performances in order to let all the kids do it. The past 2 years I've had to stay for 2 different programs. This year by some miracle they had the Kindergarten, 2nd graders, and 4th graders all perform together. I was very thankful for that!
Zach and Jacob were completely across the room from where I was sitting, but I ran over to take a quick picture of them before it started.
Savannah was so excited to participate this year, after watching this program for the last 3 years. They divide into 2 or 3 performances in order to let all the kids do it. The past 2 years I've had to stay for 2 different programs. This year by some miracle they had the Kindergarten, 2nd graders, and 4th graders all perform together. I was very thankful for that!


2 comments:
That is AWESOME that their school does that every year! I wish every school had a program like that.
I totally agree with your mom, Lauree.
Post a Comment