Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 3 - 4th of July

Monday, July 4th we started out by taking the kids and Zoey (the dog) to the park. The kids loved throwing the ball for Zoey and having her come right back. Our dog Lucy still has to be on a leash if we take her out or she'll take off.Landon cheered them on.
Alisha enjoyed having the older kids around to go chase after Rusty when he'd wander too far. They were very good about keeping t
For lunch we went to Great-Grandma Strong's house in Alpine. Our 3 youngest kids had never met their great-grandma, so this was a special occasion. They headed straight for Grandma's awesome tire swing.
Landon loved his great-aunt Natalie. He liked dancing and bouncing on her lap.
Dallin's cousin Kiersti and I have become blogging buddies over the last couple of years and it was fun to finally meet her in person. She just had her 3rd baby girl a few weeks ago.
All of us with great-grandma Strong and Aunt Natalie.
Landon playing with Daniel and Alisha
This was Landon's first experience crawling around on the ground outside. Because of the drought our yard is not as green and lush as usual, so I haven't put him on it yet. He enjoyed finding sticks to chew on.
Back at Daniel's house you could usually find Zach & Savannah under the table loving (tormenting) the cat, Cinder. We figured out the first night that Zach & Savannah are both allergic to cats, but that didn't stop them. We just gave them Benadryl before bed every night.
We bought some small fireworks to do after dinner. The little guys were mesmerized.
Rusty & Alisha
Landon's first sparkler
Alisha & Landon reading a book to finish off a great day!

3 comments:

Kiersti said...

I knew it! I did have hair in my mouth!! It was so good to finally meet you and I felt so bad that we had to take off so soon....I blame the baby (why not, right?)

Marc and Letty said...

I found another way to learn more from each other. your kids are really big. How old is your baby? my baby is 11 months old.

Holly Strong said...

AH MAN!!! So bummed to not have known you were here. I would've love getting the kids together. :(