Monday, March 19, 2012

"Wow"

On Wednesday, March 7 Landon went on his first airplane trip. Landon and Lauree flew to Arizona to spend a week with family and attend the sealing of Lauree's brother Justin and his family in the Snowflake Temple. Landon LOVED being at the airport and watching the planes come in and take off. For an hour straight he just repeated "WOW!!!" and pointed at the planes. He really enjoyed watching the men on the ground work with the luggage also. He actually had a big fit when I pulled him away from the window to get on the plane.
Overall the plane ride went better than I thought it would. Landon has one volume these days...LOUD. He also loves to scream and doesn't like being restrained whatsoever. That's not a very good recipe for riding on an airplane. But we survived. He was really good for the first hour playing with all the new toys I brought. Then he got down and stood in front of me for the next hour, trying to open and shut the window cover. The last half an hour he made more noise, but nothing compared to the other two crying babies on the flight (for which I was actually grateful, as it made him seem pretty good).

The plane ride home he did okay, but was very, very wiggly and let off a few screams of protest. Luckily a nice grandma came and sat next to me (on purpose if you can believe it). She was on her way to Round Rock to visit her grandkids and empathized with me. I was so grateful for her patience. I think the most awesome thing you can do if you're ever riding on an airplane alone is sit next to the mom wrestling her toddler, and try to help her distract him. She'll be forever grateful.

2 comments:

The Garbison family said...

We loved seeing you and Landon! And I love this story :-)

Grandma LeSueur said...

We LOVED having you guys here!!