This little Landon turned two on our vacation this summer!!!
We celebrated with lots of family, but he didn't get most of his presents until we got home. He actually attempted opening his gift from the Strongs, but Savannah finished it for him.

Since he wanted nothing to do with opening his present from grandparents on our trip I didn't even wrap ours. We gave him some Sesame Street guys and a really cool train set bought from a yard sale for $5, which was good considering he broke it after about 2 days. He was actually a little afraid of it though because it would talk and go really fast all by itself, so he fixed that problem. Now he just loves pushing it around all on his own.
Landon is tons of fun to be around these days. He's very mischievous and a huge tease. His favorite victim is still Connor because he gets such a good reaction out of him. (I remember typing these same words though about Connor bugging Zach, so maybe it's just payback.)
Landon's favorite thing to do right now is walk around in everyone's shoes. He has advanced from one shoe to a complete set now though. He likes cars, trains, balls, and being outside, so I guess he's your typical boy. His favorite shows to watch are Letter Factory, Wow Wow Wubzy and Scooby Doo. He has started talking a lot more just in the last few weeks. He says some whole sentences, although usually only we know what he's saying for the most part. He has cute pronunciations for all the kids' names:
Jacob = "Cub-uh."
Zachary = "Gacky"
Savannah = "Sunana"
Connor = "Con"
At the beginning of August we got rid of the crib! We put Landon on the crib mattress on the floor. He did great staying put and sleeping well. I think we had one hard time putting him down and that was it. We do have to keep a child lock on the inside of the door though because a couple of times he was out wandering around in the middle of the night thinking it was time to get up (because we keep a light on in the kitchen).
A week later we moved him to the bunk bed. Connor is loving being on the top. Landon fell off the bed a few times (although he never woke up), so I just keep a rolled up quilt stuffed under the sheet and he's done great. My little guys are growing up!

Landon was sick a bunch from April - August, about every 2-3 weeks. He caught everything!!! He had multiple fevers that lasted for days, croup (right before our trip), and roseola right after our trip. The doctor ran a bunch of blood tests just to make sure his immune system is okay and luckily everything came back normal. Of course he hasn't been sick since then, for which I'm grateful. He had to get blood drawn on two different days and on both occasions it took 3 people just to hold him down. They also had to stick him in two different locations both times because his veins are so hard to find.
Right before Landon had roseola he got a huge fat lip from falling on something. He looked so pathetic that week and pretty much just wanted me to hold him non-stop. Poor little guy.
I can't remember Landon's stats from the doctor, but I know he's one of the biggest kids for his age. He wears 2T on the bottom, but 4T on top because he's so long. His feet are huge, he wears size 8 and I don't think that's going to last long. His favorite foods are pizza, fruit and cheese. He HATES haircuts, but will suffer through them if I promise bubbles after.
Landon loves to sing wherever he goes, but doesn't like to talk to most strangers until it's time to say "BYE!!!" He's really good at "bye." He can throw tantrums to rival the worst of them, but luckily they're only occasionally. (Although he's actually throwing one as I type this since Jacob just brought him in from playing in the backyard. How dare he.)
Landon didn't know quite what to think when the kids started school this year. The first week he kept looking everywhere for "Sunana" (his second Mommy) and "Cub-uh" (who he idolizes and will follow around all day long). Now he seems content to have the toys to himself and be able to pick a show that HE likes now and again. We've had fun just the two of us. We take Lucy on walks around the block and set up trains or cars every day. We play the piano and sing primary songs. I always felt a little guilty that as the last baby he didn't get as much attention from me when he was tiny (although he got plenty from the other 5 people who loved him). But now I can see that he'll get the most attention on his own of any of the kids, since he won't start kindergarten for 3 years! We went to the school to eat lunch with the kids a couple of weeks ago and all the teachers and staff commented on how big he was getting. His 4th grade teacher will probably be able to tell him that she's known him since he was a month old.
We had the missionaries over for dinner last month and Landon attached himself to Elder Lousi. He stole his name tag and his scriptures and wouldn't leave his side.
This picture is funny to me because I'm pretty sure I have a picture of Jacob wearing this same shirt and playing with the same train. It's great to have stuff that lasts through 4 boys!
We had the missionaries over for dinner last month and Landon attached himself to Elder Lousi. He stole his name tag and his scriptures and wouldn't leave his side.
This picture is funny to me because I'm pretty sure I have a picture of Jacob wearing this same shirt and playing with the same train. It's great to have stuff that lasts through 4 boys!















1 comment:
Love, LOVE these Landon photos!!...especially singing in the tub--even the fat lip ones are pretty cute. :0)
Post a Comment