Jacob has been asking me to rig up a fort for him on his bed for years. But I couldn't figure out a way to do it because the fan comes just a bit over the ledge of his bed. After months of contemplation this is what I came up with. Jacob LOVES having a bit of privacy when he wants it.

I bought a package of Command hooks that stick to the wall. When Jacob gets to old for his "fort" then they'll easily come right off. I put 4 across the long wall and 1 on the opposite wall. I took an old twin flat sheet (a fitted sheet will not work as well) and cut a little hole where each of the hooks was.
Near the window I turned the hook sideways. I should have angled those on the other wall a little too, but didn't realize that until after I finished. The sheet kind of slid up over the top of them, so I added some masking tape to the end of the hooks to hold the sheet in place better. But it is still easy to take the sheet off.
When he wants to "close" the fort he just takes the sheet off the last hook and it falls down to create a "door."
He hasn't actually taken the fort down. At bedtime he just unhooks it by the window and stuffs the bottom of the sheet hanging down behind the bunk bed.




1 comment:
Jacob has a very innovative mom.
Post a Comment