Thursday, November 29, 2012

Biker Chick

Savannah has been wanting to learn to ride her bike for a couple of years.  But she was very nervous, and it didn't help that we live on a sloped street.  She's been practicing lately, but was always going too fast downhill or had a hard time getting fast enough to go uphill.  On Thanksgiving after my parents left I took Savannah and Connor over to the school parking lot to practice.  After about a minute she was riding on her own.  Way to go Savannah!
 Connor is very fearful about some things and has always been terrified of any bike taller than a big wheel.  He finally overcame that fear and was loving riding all over the parking lot.  I was so proud of both of them.
 
 If you went to elementary school in the 80's you might remember this.  It's called the "Flying Turtle" and I remember using them in P.E.  It's an old school version of a plasma car, but you have to work even harder.  I found this one at a yard sale and the kids love it, although they mostly just like to ride it down the hill and then carry it back up.