Friday, November 30, 2007
The Flu (not for the queasy)
What's worse than a sick kid throwing up all night long? Two kids throwing up all night long with a sick baby on top of it. Last night Zach came in about 1:45am having just been sick. So I went to clean up him and his bed (and the wall and the carpet and anything within a few feet). While I was pulling his sheets off I hear Savannah getting sick in the next room. Of course she freaks out and hers hits a much wider diameter. So I get them both cleaned up and clothes changed, etc. I'm starting the washer and it begins all over again. So I clean them both up again and pull off the second pair of sheets, blankets, pajamas, etc. and take them to the family room. I laid blankets and towels all over and made little beds. They each got a nice big bowl next to them. As I'm in the middle of this Connor wakes up screaming. I wake Dallin up and he takes care of Connor's diaper, who is having the "Big D" as my friend Kristi calls it. We finally get Connor calm and back to sleep and Dallin heads back to bed. I finish starting the first of 4 large loads of laundry (all soiled within 30 minutes). I run back to the family room in time to help Savannah. I lay on the couch and help the two of them take turns with their bowls about every 15 minutes until about 5:00am. We finally sleep for an hour until Connor wakes up. He made it through the night without throwing up (he started throwing up Monday night...and has been doing so ever since), so I give him 4 oz. of formula...which he promptly throws up all over one of the floor blankets (load #5). I wake up Jacob to get ready and take to school and then drive to Walgreens where I stock up on Pedialyte, Gatorade, 7-UP, and apple juice. Savannah and Zach try to convince me they want yogurt for breakfast (bright blue Trix yogurt). Yah right. They get 7-UP and 2 ritz crackers each. We've watched cartoons all morning and luckily it all seems to be on hold...for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor Lauree! Good luck!
I am a HUGE fan of the big bowl. My mom always did that with us 10 kids and I do it with Erin too. It has saved many carpet pads!
Post a Comment