Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our weekend...

This past weekend was busy, but fun. Dallin and I went to the temple in San Antonio on Saturday (for our church). Our friends, the Corbetts, watched the kids. Their kids are almost the exact same ages as Zach, Savannah & Connor...she said it was like having three sets of twins, plus Jacob. We left about 7:15 am and got back about 3:00pm. Then Jacob had a basketball game, which our whole family went to (they only lost by 2 points this time...much, much better). Connor loved all the excitement and clapped whenever he saw other people clapping.

Connor figured out how to open kitchen cupboards over the last week...fun for me. Luckily he's not too interested yet. I may just have to break down and childproof again.

Yesterday Jacob was home for the holiday. It rained the whole day, so we used a coupon for some free tokens and played games at Chuck E. Cheese. Jacob is really into jets right now and they have a game that is like a fighter jet simulator (it moves around and everything). He was in heaven.

This morning I got a call from the school nurse to come and pick up Jacob. He has a fever and a bad headache...luckily no flu...yet. Apparently it's going around at the school.
Savannah had her friend M over to play this morning too. They had lots of fun coloring Dora and taking their animals "shopping."
It's 39 degrees (feels like 32 degrees) with 81% humidity...it's freezing cold!!!!! And this is the middle of the afternoon. At least we haven't had an ice storm yet this year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauree! How did I not know you moved to Texas!?! (I'm glad I was such a good influence on you. lol) I mean, you're only 6 hours away now. I'm so glad Becky had you listed on her blog and I could jump over to yours! Your family is darling! (just like we knew they would be)

Strong Family - said...

Hey Erika! Yah, you must have rubbed off on us a little. A good job did also. :-) I thought about you when we bought Connor a "Don't Mess With Texas" baby shirt when he was born. I knew you'd be proud.

Becky said...

Hope Jacob is feeling better! And any time all ya'll want to move back to Arizona we'd love to have you :)

Tia said...

Lauree-
It's fun to see pictures of all your kids. I can't believe Jacob is walking! That's crazy! It looks like you guys are having fun in Texas, but it sounds a little cold!