Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sidewalk art & "birdsticks"...

This past Wednesday I promised the kids that we'd go to the park right after school. Well of course it started raining about 2 minutes before Jacob got out of school. So we went home and played in the rain for a while (it was only sprinkling by then). Then I got out the sidewalk chalk and they had a great time on the back porch...Jacob was nice enough to let Connor smudge up his artwork. Connor had a blast. I know that he probably gets jipped on some things, being the 4th kid...but he definitely gets to have more fun and get dirtier.
They made quite the masterpiece by the time they were done (and spent the whole afternoon doing it). The entire back porch was COVERED in beautiful art. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of the finished product.
A couple of weeks ago in preschool Zach learned all about birds and wanted to make a birdfeeder. So yesterday the boys and I walked to the "forest" next to the school to get some good sticks (coming from Arizona it really is like a forest). We then smothered them in peanut butter and then rolled them in birdseed. Savannah calls them "birdsticks." We tied them in the tree with yarn. So far we haven't seen any birds and the peanut butter was starting to melt off...but hey, it was fun.
The finished product...

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Lauree, you are such an inspiration to me, you are always blogging and it is so wonderful!! I feel like I know all your kids really well because you do such a wonderful job of blogging their life. Yea for you!!!! You are the blogging queen!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Sidewalk chalk is the best, my kids use it on our back fence too! Your porch looked really fun and colorful--and so did your kids!
Bethany