On Saturday my mom and the kids and I took a daytrip to Holbrook, AZ (almost a 4-hour drive). First we visited with my Uncle Mike for a couple of hours. He was supposed to be out of town but has been laid up all week with some back problems. I was happy he was there though so I could see him a little! The kids had fun playing with his daughter Amy...she is my cousin but is exactly the same age as Zach.
Zach was the only one of my kids brave enough to venture into the chicken pen. He even helped gather eggs...

Zach tried to catch a chicken to hold but they were pretty nervous around him.

Me with my Uncle Mike Nilsson (he is my mom's only brother)

Savannah & Zach took turns giving eachother rides on his temporary walker chair

The kids had an Easter egg hunt with Amy...Easter in July!

Then we visited with my brother Justin for a while. (If you read this blog often you may be wondering...yes, Dallin and I both have brothers named Justin. They are 5 days apart in age and both tall and blonde. It was very confusing for my kids for a while.) Justin is working as a Corrections Sherriff (or something like that) at the prison there. Hopefully his wife Ana Paula and his baby Joshua will be able to join him soon. They are waiting for Ana Paula's visa to go through. Uncle Justin bought special treats for the kids and we watched Fantastic Four with him.

Connor woke up with a fever Saturday morning before we left. I think he's just teething. But it did help him sleep a lot of the drive and not get into stuff too much at Justin's house.

The kids were so excited when Justin got out his handcuffs, especially when they figured out their little hands could just slide right out...

...until he hooked their ankles together. Jacob got a little paranoid.

Zach found some other good uses for them too...

We went out to eat at Denny's and I was really excited when I got the check and all my kids' meals were free! I didn't even know it, but apparently kids eat free (with an adult meal) on Saturdays. I love that kind of stuff.
The boys with Uncle Justin right before he left for work (he works the night shift).

Of course we had to get a picture in front of the dinosaurs for Grandma...
1 comment:
Gotta love good 'ol Holbrook! Sounds like you had a fun, busy trip.
Post a Comment