Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Fun

I haven't taken many pictures this week. I've been trying to take it easier and play with the kids. We went to the park and have had friends over to play.

This is what I spent the morning doing...
It's a castle if you can't tell.
Tonight is the Blue & Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts. Since Jacob will be joining next month he was invited too...and was so excited about it. The theme was castles & knights. They have a cake auction to support the scout program. This was my donation. Next year when Jacob is official he will have to help make most of the cake. That will be fun! Dallin took Jacob & Zach to the banquet this evening...
...while I took Savannah & Connor to a birthday party at Texas Jumping Beans.
YEAH!!!
Savannah has 5 little boys in her music class that all have birthdays within a couple weeks of eachother. So this was to celebrate the birthdays of "2 Matthews, 2 Jacobs, & a Roman"
Savannah was so excited to see her best friend there...they were both wearing pink and easy to spot.
Savannah climbing with Jacob & Matthew (off to the left)...

Now as soon as Dallin gets back with the boys I'm off to Book Club! It's a FUN FRIDAY!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome cake!!!

Johnson Family said...

wow! it sure looks like you guys have a lot of fun!! I also got some ideas for my Blue and Gold Banquet. I have to be in charge of the one on the 17th and I am really nervous. It is my first year doing Cub Scouts, but I sure do enjoy it!
And I am glad that you played with the kids more this week. I think sometimes we (me especially) forget to just play and have fun with the kiddos. I am soooo guilty of that today because I deep cleaned all the bedrooms.
P.S. what book did you read for book club??? I am sooo jealous of Book Club, that would be sooo awesome!
Christa

Sparks Haven said...

What a cool castle cake!!! You do such fun things! Love Aunt Diane & Uncle Bill

Melinda said...

That cake is really neat. Where did you get the idea?

dallin said...

I got the idea for the cake from Zach's castle set that he got in December. Putting it together was just what my mind came up with. :-) Lauree

Stephanie said...

I'm impressed with your cake! Especially because you called it taking it easy.

Sara said...

Congrats to Jacob for winning "Best Fight Scene on a Cake" award at the banquet!!

melanie said...

That is a way cool cake! I will have to remember that one. You are such a fun mom. You make me want to be more fun.

Amy Rapier said...

My girls and I were completely impressed with your cake! You have got skills!

Heidi said...

Hi Laurie! I just checked out your blog for the first time! Your castle looks amazing! You are so talented!

The Garbison family said...

You are SO creative and talented!!

Stephanie T said...

That was one awesome cake! I would say it's worth a whole $103 auction bucks. Actually we would have paid that in $$'s too. My boys had to have it! And it was super yummy too!
You have to tell me your recipes.
When we got home from the banquet we all just grabbed forks and dug right into it, and of course the kids loved playing with all the figurines.