
Yesterday was the first day of Cub Scout Day Camp. Jacob was so excited it took forever for him to fall asleep the night before. I volunteered the first day and was able to take some pictures. Thanks Betsy for watching my other kids ALL DAY!
Jacob said his favorite thing all day was shooting the BB guns. The camp is at San Gabriel Park in Georgetown right next to the river. It has tons of trees and shade which was really nice since we were outside for over 8 hours.

Next he did cooking. They got to make little tiny foil dinners (one scoop of corn, one scoop of green beans, and a meatball). I helped at this station all day. I was in charge of the "fire" or coals...all day long. It was actually pretty fun though! It was great in the morning but was pretty hot by afternoon. I smelled like a campfire all day.

Then they did Ultimate Frisbee and I got to eat lunch with him. After lunch Jacob got to fish on his own for the first time. He was a little frustrated trying to keep his bait on, but enjoyed it I think.

Monkeyin' around. Jacob's "den leader" here is named Tom and Jacob really likes him.

I didn't get pictures of the huge slip'n'slide because it was far from my "fire," but Jacob loved it. Last he did archery. Being a cub scout is awesome.


Jacob is there from Tuesday until Friday. He was excited to sling shots today. Friday afternoon we get to go to the awards ceremony. I don't think he had any problems falling asleep last night...we were both exhausted!
4 comments:
Wow, Jacob! You got to shoot arrows & catch fish & do a ton of cool things! You are going to learn so many things in scouts! I love you, Grandma LeSueur
That looks like fun! Ours was in the desert in 100 degree heat...hot! I can't wait until Will can go.
Aren't you glad you weren't in charge? It looks like it was fun, though!
You do such fun things with your children, and the service you do is such a happy and fine example for them and all of us! Thanks for sharing on your blog. I look forward to checking it frequently! Love, Aunt Diane
Post a Comment