Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rocket River

My kids have been waiting for this day for a while now. Today we did our last fun thing of the summer...a few hours at Rock'N River. It is a city pool, but much more like a small waterpark. Connor heard the kids talking about it and got really excited all week. He knows that rivers have water and anything with a "rocket" must be cool. So he calls it rocket river.
Connor has yet to learn what it means to wait in line. Luckily most of the kids figured that out and nicely let him push his way to the front.
He wasn't allowed to wear his floaties and he did great without them...he just wore the life jacket.
The boys always have fun hanging out together. I'm so thankful that they have each other. I told them as long as they stayed together they could go and do whatever they wanted.
Our friends came with us. Savannah was happy to have someone to play with in the water other than Connor for a change. I got some goggles for Savannah and she will actually put her face in the water now. I think she'll be swimming by next summer.
Savannah and M on the slide.
Zach was THRILLED that he's finally tall enough to go on the waterslides. Oh happy day!
Lunchtime
Jacob and Zach with friends E & S in the lazy river.
It was a great time until Connor started to get tired and grumpy. Then on the way home I stopped for gas and the car wouldn't start back up. A nice couple at the gas station jumped it and Erin followed me home to make sure we made it. Dallin will replace the battery for me tonight. I'm just thankful it happened today since Dallin leaves for Utah tomorrow to attend his Grandpa's funeral.


3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

wow!! that place looks sooo awesome!!! I want to take my kids there!!! Texas has all the cool stuff!!!
I loved the pictures!!

Anna said...

You are such a fun mom. Miss you bunches!

Stephanie said...

That's an awesome city pool! It looks like fun. Thanks for letting Dallin come to the funeral...it was good to see him.