Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Reading

We started the Summer Reading Program at Half Price Books and the kids are SO excited! They've outgrown the library program. The little prizes just aren't worth it to them to keep track of it all. If you have a Half Price Books near you it is the best. Every week that they read 15 minutes for at least 5 days they get a $3 giftcard. As long as they don't go over $3 they don't even have to pay tax. The giftcards can't be combined at all, but there is plenty there that they loved and they are counting the days until we go back next week. I did pay an extra 0.50 for Connor's book because it is brand new and has awesome little windows that slide on every page.

I took this picture because the books they chose are so symbolic of what they're all into right now. Connor's is a book about colors, Jacob's is a Bionicle book that he was missing from his set, Zach got books about birds & sea critters, and Savannah got an animal coloring book & puppy movie. And yes, that was all within their limit of $3 each (except Connor's). Yeah for new books!

2 comments:

Daniel and Alisha Strong said...

We love half price books! We don't have one near us in UT but loved having one close while we were in Mesa. We have book shelves full of $3 movies and $1 books!

I'm so glad that your kids love to read! I just hope I an instill my love for book in Rusty

Johnson Family said...

thanks for your wonderful posts! I got a lot of ideas from them and now I am excited for half price books and for summer chores!!! You are so wonderfully creative! I just love it!!
Love ya,
Christa