Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Zach's Zoo Field Trip

Yesterday I went with Zach on his field trip to the Austin Zoo. My friend Betsy watched the little boys all day for me (thanks!). It was a little windy, but otherwise really nice weather. I had this group of 4 kids to take all around the zoo...Zach, Major, Brianna and Kristine. They had a fun time and were worn out by the end. Here they are with the lemurs (just above Major's head).We had never been to this zoo before. It is a rescue zoo, so the animals and set-up are somewhat different than what you'd see at a regular zoo. This was a male lion that had been shaved.
Zach is terrified of any animal or insect that flies, flutters or hops. There were a ton of bees at lunch and he was not happy about that. But he loved the many animals that you could actually pet. For the sake of the other kids in our group I had to constantly pull him away from the "petting zoo."
They all had fun with this turkey. It kept strutting and gobbling at them.
We took this picture for Connor. This is Zach with a Carpet Python.
The favorite attraction for most of the kids was the one-eyed cat. I guess they rescue house cats too. That poor cat got a lot of "loving" yesterday.
Last we went on a little train ride. Zach really enjoyed that and wants to bring his siblings back here sometime.
This is unrelated, but here is the lone surviving pumpkin from our backyard. A rabbit lives in the neighbor's bushes just behind our back fence. It has a nice hole right next to our pumpkin plant. We're pretty sure that he is the reason that only one pumpkin survived. Oh well.

1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

Great pumpkin, Zach!! (I think the sneaky bunny enjoyed the rest of them!)