Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break - Day 5

This morning the weather was so beautiful that we had to go to the park. But the kids had dentist appointments, so we stopped at one that was on our way there. Landon loved the swing. It's nice that he is at an age where he can sort of enjoy the park, since spring is here.He was really nervous about sitting in the rocks. He hardly moved a muscle until I picked him back up.
This is how the older boys prefer to go down the slide...
Landon's first time going down a slide...he likes the swings much better.
This picture makes me laugh. Zach came running over and said "Mom! I found the world's biggest pine cones! They're really probably the biggest ones in the whole wide world! You have to take a picture of me with them!" The poor palm trees didn't make it through the big freeze and had to have the tops chopped off.
Connor is getting more adventurous with his climbing and it makes me nervous because he always gets distracted by something halfway up. He actually fell off of this one onto his face right before we left. Good thing for the cushion of stones underneath.
I'm glad I have a girl so I can enjoy these kind of moments at the park too.
After the park we went to the dentist. The 4 older kids all had appointments and there were no cavities. Hooray!

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I love reading about all your Spring Break adventures. I am sooo glad your flu bug is gone. Ours is still hanging around. Now Morgan has bad bronchitis due to the influenza A. Gotta love it! I really think you had the best idea with the quaranteen theory!

Grandma LeSueur said...

Wow, I feel honored to have seen the world's biggest pinecones!! :0)