Valentine's Day started out great! We had Connor's preschool Valentine party at our house and made lots of crafts and did games. We also sang to Connor and the other girl who had a birthday this week. Then we went to help in Savannah's class for a little bit and visit the class parties at the school.
But just as I was about to leave to take Zach to scouts we had trauma. Connor was bouncing around and climbing all over my knee, and I wasn't hanging on to him because I was helping Savannah with her homework. I told him to get down, but of course he didn't listen. He kept climbing, and eventually flipped over on his head on the tile. He had his glasses on, and the screw/hinge part punctured his head and went right in. He also smashed up his glasses pretty good. As soon as I saw it I know we needed to go to the doctor. But of course, the doctor had left early, and we ended up at Urgent Care. Luckily Dallin was able to meet us there and take the other kids back home. They cleaned out the wound really good and glued it shut. The doctor told Connor to keep his eyes closed, since it moved the wound around when he blinked. He said "I'll just go to sleep." And he held perfectly still for a good 15 minutes pretending to be asleep. The second she was done he popped right up and said "I feel all better now! And I'm 5 years old now!"
I was tired and exhausted from such a long day, so our Valentine's dinner consisted of leftover spaghetti and hot dogs. So romantic, huh. I'm just thankful that Connor's accident wasn't any worse.
But just as I was about to leave to take Zach to scouts we had trauma. Connor was bouncing around and climbing all over my knee, and I wasn't hanging on to him because I was helping Savannah with her homework. I told him to get down, but of course he didn't listen. He kept climbing, and eventually flipped over on his head on the tile. He had his glasses on, and the screw/hinge part punctured his head and went right in. He also smashed up his glasses pretty good. As soon as I saw it I know we needed to go to the doctor. But of course, the doctor had left early, and we ended up at Urgent Care. Luckily Dallin was able to meet us there and take the other kids back home. They cleaned out the wound really good and glued it shut. The doctor told Connor to keep his eyes closed, since it moved the wound around when he blinked. He said "I'll just go to sleep." And he held perfectly still for a good 15 minutes pretending to be asleep. The second she was done he popped right up and said "I feel all better now! And I'm 5 years old now!"

3 comments:
Sounds familiar! I was at urgent care all day so our v.day dinner was Justin running over to KFC! I'm glad Connor was ok. Looks like he has a nice battle scar to show off. Poor kid!
Ooooooh, too bad. Grandma L. is sending you a kiss, Connor!!
What a day! Hope he heals up soon, and you get to have a rest day soon!
Post a Comment