Monday, September 30, 2013

September Tidbits

Jacob made this game in his technology class, when they were learning how to use the tools in the wood shop.  He loves that class and I'm excited for all the fun things he'll get to do this year.  They're learning the Inventor design program, making CO2 cars in the woo dshop, learning to program and do robotics.

LANDON IS POTTY-TRAINED!!!
I'm seriously excited about this little tidbit.  He started sort of potty-training himself back in May, but we had so much going on that I just had to put it on hold.  I could tell back then that it would still take a while.  We finally had a week where we didn't have to go anywhere, but he had regressed a ton so I figured it would take quite a while.  Four days later he was pretty much done.  FOUR DAYS!!!  That is a serious record in this house.  He has been in underwear ever since and is doing great, even at night and naps.  This picture was on Day 2, where he went naked except for this old basketball jersey.  It didn't really help so we only did it for a day, but he sure looked cute.  
I paid my dues with Zach (who was 4 1/2 and took a year and a half to potty-train), so I'm feeling blessed it was so much easier this time around.

Last tidbit:
One day I was helping Zach comb his hair before school (because he could care less if it's sticking in 14 different directions, and I actually care).  His hair is getting pretty shaggy so I was trying to comb down the sideburns.  He shrieked and said "Hey, you just pulled out one of my manly hairs!"  
Manly hairs = sideburns

1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

Congrats on the potty training! (I'm sure I've told you this before, but Landon's Mom was ONE stubborn kid in this area herself...) And I can't wait to see Zach's "manly hairs" for myself--too funny! :0) I can't wait to see ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!