Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fishing with Grandpa

(I know that I'm talking like this was last week.  It's not.  It was back in October.  But I print this out for my kids' journals, so I'm making it chronological.  Sorry if it bugs you,  I will get caught up eventually.)

Zach LOVES fishing.  When my dad asked what he could do with Zach that would be special I told him to take Zach fishing.  So bright and early Saturday morning I dropped them off at the neighborhood lake while I went to a bunch of yard sales nearby.  It was freezing cold that morning and my dad was such a trooper.  Especially since he couldn't wear gloves to continually add bait to Zach's hooks.  But Zach had a GREAT time and I know he will never forget that special time with Grandpa.
 Zach caught two fish that morning (with Grandpa's help), despite the cold.
 For the second catch I just happened to be driving by and saw them, so I got out to take some pictures and video.  Zach was all smiles.
 Grandpa spent most of the morning trying to teach Zach how to cast the line correctly.  Thanks for a fun morning Grandpa!
I have a video to add, but blogger isn't letting me upload it right now.  Mom, you can check back later for it.  :-)


1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

Thanks! I kind of like it that you're behind because I get to keep enjoying these posts, reminding me of the memories!! I just love your blog--makes me feel like we're not so far apart. Sigh.