Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ice Skating

Connor was invited to a birthday party at the ice skating rink.  None of my kids had ever been before, so I decided to take them all (except Landon) and pay to do the free skate while he was participating in the party.  My awesome friend Jessica (birthday girl's mom) called to say that there was plenty of room available in the party lessons, so all of my kids got a lesson as well.
 It was fun watching them come out on the ice for the first time.  I was actually amazed at how well they did.  Jacob was skating really well after only 5 minutes or so.  Zach spent half the time on the ground, but picked himself back up every single time and wanted to stay all day.
 The sweet birthday girl
 There was plenty of pizza and donuts, so all of my kids got to join the party.  They were thrilled of course.  Connor LOVES giving gifts at birthday parties.  He gets so excited when they open his present.
 
 This is the best picture I got of Jacob.  He was always just zipping past me.
 
 Connor did not want to stay with me, but go off on his own.  He was so cute to watch because he did exactly what the instructors told him to do.  "March, march, bend your knees.  March, march, bend your knees."  He looked like a little robot circling the rink.  (See video below)
 Zach stayed near the railing the whole day, but after 3 hours he still did not want to leave.  Ice skating was a hit and Connor already wants our family to go again for his birthday!
Here are some videos for Grandma:




1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

I L-O-V-E watching Connor ice skate!! That's priceless. That's cool that everybody could try it, too! I'm counting the days until you all come to Arizona!!