Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Car accident!


Dallin's work laptop was in a backpack on the floor underneath this mess on the passenger side. Amazingly both the backpack and computer were just fine.

Last night Dallin showed up on the front porch after work. He was in a car accident at the turn right by our house (Gattis School & Rusk Rd.). He was turning left onto Rusk and there was another car waiting to turn left (into the Fellowship) just across from him. It was blocking his view and he didn't see the other car coming...so as he turned left a minivan smashed into the side of his car and sent him spinning. Luckily everyone was okay...but we're not so sure about Dallin's car. Dallin thinks it's pretty totaled, but we'll let the insurance people figure all of that out. I'm just so glad that Dallin's okay!
Update: Dallin got a rental car this afternoon (Wednesday)...nice to have good insurance. The car is at the body shop to see if it can be fixed...ha ha ha. Dallin is going to take pictures of it tomorrow when he goes to get all of his stuff out of it and I'll post one later.
Another Update: It's Friday and the body shop confirmed that Dallin will need to get a new car. He'll probably start looking tomorrow.

7 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

I hate accidents! It's kind of ironic that both of us had elantras that were totaled. Good thing that they're safe cars!

Corbett Family said...

Wow! I'm glad Dallin is okay. Let me know if you need any help with anything while sorting the car situation out.

Jody

Kristi said...

Wow Lauree! I am glad glad glad that he is safe! If you need an extra car, I happen to have one sitting in my driveway! Seriously, it's yours for the taking!

Bart said...

Yikes.

Becky said...

So glad he's okay!

Amy E. said...

I'm feeling your pain!

Melinda said...

That's so scary. The car looks pretty awful. I'm so glad Dallin was okay. Good luck getting everything worked out.