
Now that Savannah is completely potty-trained she thinks..."I the biggest girl now Mommy and I don't need naps anymore!" For the last few months she does play in her bed for an hour or so until falling asleep. So I gave in...for the last week or so she has only had a couple of naps. Most days it's okay. Last night she put herself to bed at 7:00pm (and slept soundly until 7:15...which is actually sleeping in for her). Well today we had a hard day of transitioning to no naps...and this is what we had off and on all afternoon. She was exhausted by bedtime. I put her to bed about 7:30pm. Dallin went to check on her about 3 or 4 minutes later and she was totally asleep.
UPDATE: This morning (Monday) Savannah was already whiny by about 10:00am. So I decided that if she's whiny in the morning then she'll have a nap (or a "rest" as I told her). If she can make it to 12:30 being happy then she can stay up. Hopefully that will keep everyone happy.
12 comments:
Oh, that's a sad little face :(
My kids are napping until they go to college!! Don't give them up!!! And look at that face.........
Ironically, I was just having a conversation with Jim about Jake's napping situation right before I read this post. If he takes a nap he won't go to bed at night, but if he doesn't take a nap he is overtired and a bear and difficult at bed time. Some days I put him in his room and he just plays, but I think the downtime is worth it. Anyway, good luck. I'm there with you!
Yikes, I feel for you!! I'm always very sad when the day arrives that naps are no more :( GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :)
Let me know what ends up working. I'll be fighting that battle soon.
Oh my laws-ly. She is so dang cute!
I remember those days...for me I think I endured the grumpiness b/c if I let Tanner have a nap he would stay up until past 9 and mess himself up for the next day. I justified putting him down at 6 or 6:30 on the grumpy days and that seemed to work for us. And I haven't seen such a cute sad face in a long time!!!
Oh Lauree, I laugh because that Savannah reminds me of my Ady...same sad face and everything. She also thinks she's too big for naps, but I usually put her in her room and she caves. :) If she doesn't nap, it's the same cranky child...boy girls are so emotional. LOL I hope she can get it all figured out, so tough trying to grow up. Now if only we could potty train Ady...hmmmm!
When I transitioned Cam from naps, we called it "quiet time". He has to stay on his bed with books or his leap pad and no toys for about an hour. For the most part, he will rest up and sometimes still fall asleep. He's 5 now, so I guess it worked for us. I have a feeling Mara won't be as easy, though.
Augh, I dislike the "need a nap, but a nap is too much" phase. We always transitioned using a "quiet time" where the boys have to stay in their rooms and sometimes Seth would fall asleep. It is so hard. Logan still almost always naps, for which I am really thankful. And I have to say that Savannah's sad face is so sad but oh so cute!
That is the saddest face I've ever seen!
That's sad for you! It would be nice if we could "keep" naps but it's not always feasible to teach our kids to stay in bed while we're taking care of their siblings....Sam napped until he was almost three, Brisa stopped taking naps at about 20 months (which is when Josh was born) and Josh stopped taking naps a couple months after he was 2 (which was also a couple months after Sarah was born)! I only have one napper :(
Post a Comment