So now that school's out and we're back from vacation we've been enjoying our lazy days. On Monday we had a Texan summer picnic (indoors on the floor). I guess that's how you'd do it in Arizona too. Notice Zach's attire...we've had all combinations of superheroes running around all week.

This is WHY we had a picnic. I promised the boys they could leave their "battle" out until dinner. (Notice that the Mystery Machine and the Scooby-Doo gang are somehow part of this battle.)

We have this great bird that loves our backyard. It has red all over it's head and back and the kids love to look for it out there.

On Wednesday we went swimming with Zach's friend R from preschool and the B's were there too. It was a fun time but I didn't get any pictures (I was trying to keep Connor contained). R's brother gave Jacob his old goggles and somehow Jacob can now swim much better than before. I guess he's trying so hard to look down in the water that he keeps himself in the right position. Who knew?
On Thursday we went to Brushy Creek Park. Connor loved examining the flowers...

We played in the sand. Not quite the beach, but a fun time anyway.

This was Jacob's first time here and he LOVED the splash area. He said "That was WAY better than I thought it would be!" It's nice that the boys always have a built-in friend to play with...

Connor was in heaven of course.

Savannah the dancing water ballerina...

Zach "sitting" on the spray...

This was the only picture I got with all 4 of them...they were all over the place!

Connor is a really picky eater. And what he will eat he has to first smash to crumbs...then he eats the crumbs. He does this with everything! This WAS a cornbread muffin...

This morning I watched my friend Tammy N's kids. S is 8 1/2 and she played so nice with Savannah the whole morning...Savannah was in heaven. It was a nice little break for me!

P is in Jacob's primary class and they had fun hanging out together.
4 comments:
Lauree, I love keeping up with your family through your posts. It was you and Amy's example combined that got me going on the whole blogging thing.
Heidi
Your family looks great! You are all having the kind of summer that I just love! Were those "littlest pet shop" toys that Savannah was playing with? My girls have gotten into those and really love 'em. I love the stories you post about your kids, very akin to Calvin & Hobbes and Baby Blues!
It was fun to see what you guys have been up to so far this summer
Christa
Post a Comment