Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School!!!

Today was the first day of school!!! Zach started kindergarten and Jacob is in 2nd grade. Sorry these pictures are blurry...Zach kept trying to walk off the porch because he was so excited to go. Zach is wearing a tag that tells how he gets home after school...
First we dropped Jacob off to sit with his class...he seemed a little nervous.
Then I took Zach to his class. He waltzed right in, found a seat, and had his self-portrait drawn before I left.
I went back to check on Jacob and he was getting ready for the day...
After school they were both really happy. They both liked their teachers and had a "great first day" (in Jacob's words). Jacob was really excited because he got to go to P.E. He also gets to go on the "big" playground this year and they got out a bunch of balls. He played basketball with a couple of his friends from last year. Zach said his favorite thing was "centers" because he got to play with rubber animals. According to him though recess is much too short. He said it was only "like 13 seconds." He also informed me that a boy had a plum to eat at lunch...he thought it was really neat. The first thing Zach said when he got home was "Well Mommy, I made my new friends." I said "Oh, what are their names?" He said "I don't know...but they can still be my friends!" Overall, a great day!!!

This is what Connor, Savannah and I did today...
Connor has finally learned to help put marbles on instead of knock them all off or eat them...
Then we went with M and E to the splash park and had a picnic.
"Favorite Friends" in Savannah's words...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute kids! It makes me miss that first day of school excitement. Were they sad they missed the splash park and picnic...or did they never know? Congrats on your new calling... I'm sure you'll do great. I guess you're not in primary anymore...

Strong Family - said...

They know we had a picnic, but that's it. :-) Why spoil their good day?

Heather said...

Hi Lauree,
I found your blog from Lori's. Wow, your kids are getting so big!! They are adorable. Savannah's hair is gorgeous.