Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Hiking We Will Go...

I know I've done a ton of posts...we've just been busy having fun the last few days! And we've got to have it all for the journals!

This morning we went hiking in the Barton Creek Greenbelt. The kids did great and had a fun time I think. I carried Connor the first half in the carrier, until we got to Sculpture Falls. Then he walked back about halfway before Dallin carried him. Jacob spotted a turtle off to the side of the trail. Zach was so excited.
He said his favorite part of the day was "rescuing" it and taking it back to the water.
Connor was overjoyed to be out of the carrier, and then to put down with rocks and water...heaven.
Jacob spent our rest time finding the biggest rocks possible to make the biggest splashes.
We had to hold on to Connor or we would've had a very wet little boy.
He was so happy to be free. He kept yelling "Run! Run! Run!"
Savannah was dragging by the last 1/2 mile so I carried her for a while and then we took the last bit a little slower. I love my Nana.

2 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

What a fun hike! It looks like it was nice weather and beautiful and green.

Johnson Family said...

This is what summer is all about!!! What great family memories to be had. Your kids are beautiful!!!
Christa