Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day - Texas Natural Science Center

For Memorial Day we went to the Texas Natural Science Center. It's on the UT campus in Austin...and it's free. Awesome. The kids loved it and there was hardly anyone else there. Thanks for the idea Jeannie!

Zach's favorite thing...these bones were hanging in the main hall. It was huge! At the bottom of the picture you can see the exit sign with a door underneath to get an idea.Snakes and toads and fish...what fun.
This is a replica of the HIV virus I think. Connor saw it and said "Cookie!!!"
Connor also loved the interactive stuff because there were lots of colorful buttons to push on everything.
Check out the giant armadillo behind Savannah...
They had one floor that had tons of dioramas like this of all the wildlife in Texas. There was everything from fish to birds to bears...and it looked very realistic.
Jacob called this one the "Loch Ness Monster." It was found in a lake somewhere in Texas I think.

After the museum we went to lunch at McDonald's. Then I took the 3 older kids swimming for a couple of hours while Connor took a nap at home with Dallin. A fun day!

Tuesday was our girl's camp certification night. We cooked over a fire at one of our leader's house. It was great fun!
Yesterday we had playgroup at our house. Just before everyone left I started to get a bad headache. By mid-afternoon I was sick...fever, chills, sore throat, the works. Luckily I got lots of sleep last night and feel much better today. Sorry for anyone who was here to play...I hope I didn't pass it on!!!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun! I'm so glad they liked it :) Glad you feel better soon - see you next week!!!

Johnson Family said...

looks like you are one busy momma!!! it sure doesn't leave much time for you to eat BonBons and watch Soap Opera's.... oh darn!
Have a wonderful family-filled summer!
Christa