Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wellness Day 2009

Yesterday was "Wellness Day" at the boys' school. Basically it's a water/field day. But the school is so big that they have to do a bunch of stuff indoors too (water safety, jazzercise, Smokey the Bear, etc.). Savannah, Connor, and I joined them for a little while in the morning and then for the whole afternoon. It was a fun day!

It was overcast and windy in the morning so Zach was freezing after he did the slip'n'slide.
Jacob and his friend Kaegan
Jacob doing Jazzercise with his class...
This is my favorite picture of the day. Jacob gets SO excited about things and has been looking forward to going on the "waterslide" for the last few weeks. He was dancing around like crazy in line...this is pure joy.
Oh, and along with Wellness Day they also got to go camping with Dallin last night. Jacob was so excited he couldn't fall asleep the night before. Then he was up at the crack of dawn. They were exhausted after being in the sun all day and I'm sure they stayed up late last night. We might have naps this afternoon. Speaking of which...it's pouring rain outside right now. I hope they've gotten their camp all cleaned up!

Back to the fun. Zach loved this game. You transfer water from one bucket to another with a tube that is full of holes. It was hilarious watching them because they'd have about 4 drops by the time they got to the other bucket and were so disgusted.
Savannah and I helped fill buckets of water for some of the games. Connor did really well in his stroller...he loved watching the kids. There is no way I could take him out, he would have been soaked in seconds and running wild all over the place.
This is Jacob and Savannah watching the skateboarding demonstration. That was Savannah's favorite part of the day. Connor loved it too and yelled "Yeah!" and cheered through the whole thing. I think the skateboarders liked that.

This has nothing to do with water day, but I wanted to remember it. Zach found a bee trapped between our window and screen in the playroom. Since it couldn't fly around he wasn't scared of it. He watched it for hours and talked to it. He said it was his new pet and named it Buzzer. He was really disappointed when it was gone the next morning.

1 comment:

Carrie Medford said...

Wait, isn't Zach the one who's terrified of bugs?