Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Car Seat Canopy

Today my mom called and after a minute said "Is that your sewing machine?" Yes, I was sewing. It doesn't happen very often, so it's worthy of mention on the blog. I made a car seat canopy for the baby. I've seen these and thought they would be so nice for keeping off the sun, wind, and fingers of people I'd rather not have touching my brand new baby. But they're pricey to buy online, so I made my own. It's a tan color on the inside, to keep it cool.

Lesson learned from sewing today: Don't use dark thread on light fabric if you don't sew very well. The contrast looks awesome if you can actually sew well, but not so great when you can see every mistake. Oh well, the baby won't care.
Thanks to my sister-in-law Alisha for posting this link:

5 comments:

Kiersti said...

I NEED a sewing machine to make one of those! Not that I need one.....yet. I love the colors you used!
Thanks for the comment on my blog today - whenever I read your blog I think to myself "someday, Laurie and I will meet. And it will be awesome".

The Garbison family said...

You are SO creative and resourceful! I love it! And I love the boys' haircuts - they look so cute :-)

Johnson Family said...

what a GREAT idea!!! You are simply too crafty!!! And I loved the "fuzzy hair" that the boys are sporting now!!!
Your such a great mommy!
Love, Christa

Melinda said...

I might just have to make one of those too! What a great idea. Thanks for posting the tutorial.

Diana said...

Great job, so creative! I need one of these for my car seat carrier!