I got the most amazing package in the mail last week. It was from a friend in Tucson that I haven't talked to since we moved. To make a long story short, she runs a bridal rental business and I had given her my wedding dress to use as she wanted. It had a tear in the sheer part on the back and I couldn't sell it. She had hung on to it and was reorganizing her stuff. When she found it she decided to make it into a baptism dress for Savannah, as a gift to me. It's even more meaningful now, knowing that Savannah will be my only girl. It is a little girl version of what my wedding dress looked like. It was such an awesome gift and Savannah was SO excited when she saw it. I can't wait for her to use it in 3 years!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Beautiful dress, beautiful idea!
That is one of the COOLEST things I have ever heard of!! Wow, what an heirloom. Love, Mom
That is the most adorable thing ever!!!! I am so excited for Savannah to be able to wear that.
I really wish I would have done something like that with my dress. What a great friend! A person with your mad french braiding skills should have like twelve daughters. Seriously, you are amazing! Maybe french braiding boy hair will come in to style....or maybe not : )
Post a Comment