Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby Update

Today at my doctor's appointment I was dilated 3-4 centimeters and 50% effaced. 6 days ago I was only 2 centimeters and not effaced at all. So this baby is definitely getting ready to come! I'm a little nervous since I'm only technically 36 weeks along today. Hopefully I can at least make it to 37 weeks (or what is considered full term). I also had high blood pressure at my appointment and they ended up sending me across the street to the hospital to be monitored and have some lab work done. Thankfully my blood pressure was totally fine there and everything looked good. So I'm not on bed rest. I don't know quite how that would work anyways with 4 kids. But I have been told to "take it easy and don't do anything." So I will be doing a lot of reading and hanging out with the kids. I go back to be checked again on Monday morning. Hopefully he stays put until then!

4 comments:

Stephanie T said...

I am totally free this week and he next if you need someone to watch your kiddos. We are just hanging out, swimming, and pretty much doing nothing.

Amy Rapier said...

Good luck! I am so excited for you and your family!

Johnson Family said...

wow! You really are getting close!!I had three of my kids at 36 weeks, and they were all fine... Try to make it to 37 weeks though, because that is much better for the little man. Good luck, I will pray for you!
Love ya,
Christa

Sarah said...

Woah! I wish I was there to help with the kiddos too. Stephanie's comment makes me want to cry... I miss her and the round rock ladies so much!