Sunday, December 12, 2010

Piano Recital

Yesterday was also Jacob & Zach's first piano recital. Jacob has been playing since he turned 8, but I've been teaching him. (He had a teacher for a month or so, and then she moved away.) Zach just started playing a couple of months ago. A friend of mine started a little theory group for 3 of us who are teaching our kids ourselves. Once a month the kids go to a house and play theory games, learn about a composer, and play songs for each other. Then we'll also have a recital twice a year. So far we are loving it. It is great for them to be able to have something to work towards.

Jacob played "Silent Night" and "Freight Train"Zach played "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas" and "My Favorite Day"It just so happens that all the other kids in the group are girls. They needed some boys to even things out.

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

How wonderful!!!! I wish you and I lived closer so our kids could be in groups like this together....how wonderful!!!!!
Your kids are soo amazing!!! I love that we can reconnect with blogs!!!!
Love ya,
Christa

Grandma LeSueur said...

Way to go, Jacob and Zach!! I'm so proud of you both. I wish I could have been there!