Yesterday we went to Sea World in San Antonio for Zach's birthday. Our kids have never been to any kind of amusement park and they were so excited. The park didn't open until noon, so we didn't have to leave very early. It only took about 1 hour 45 minutes to get there. Zach got a gift card to McDonald's from his primary teacher and he took us all out to lunch. It was overcast, but really nice weather when we got there. After a couple of hours the sun came up and it got up to about 80 degrees I think. It was a great day!


Our first stop was the little Shamu roller coaster. All of the kids really enjoyed it except Connor. But then he voluntarily went on it again later, so it must not have been too bad.

I love Zach's face.

This show was called "Azul." It had lots of synchronized swimming, diving, and acrobatics, along with dolphins, beluga whales, and parrots.


Landon actually watched the shows quietly. He loves watching everything going on around him.

We had fun with the dolphins. We touched them a little, but they usually went back down pretty quick...since we didn't buy the fish to feed them.

Zach and Jacob both went on this roller coaster with me. Zach did NOT love it, and was not happy to even pose for a picture of it afterwards.

We saw Sesame Street live. Connor loved that one.

They also had a Christmas sea lion show.

The penguins...

This little guy did really well considering the age he's at. He endured laying in that stroller for most of the day.

They had a snake exhibit!!! Yes, Connor was in heaven. This is his favorite, the yellow python. He stood next to it for a few minutes and told anyone who came near all about snakes.

Dallin went on the splash ride with the boys later in the evening and they didn't even get that wet.

The last thing we did was watch the Shamu show. I'm glad we saved it for last because it was a perfect ending to the day. Here is one of the "Shamus" with her baby.


We had a great time. The kids all fell asleep within 15 minutes of getting in the car, so it was a nice ride home. We were all exhausted. Landon even took a 4 1/2 hour nap today. Now we're excited for Christmas!
3 comments:
I've been there! I was 17 and I all I remember is the sea lion show. I love the pictures and I bet it is so much fun with little kids! I loved that Connor was able to tell people all about snakes while he was there. He is so funny
wow! what an amazing trip....I can't believe you can do that all in one day! That is sure a long, wonderful, memory filled day!!!
Have a merry Christmas and post lots of pictures!
Christa
So cool!! (and I still can't believe that SEA World has a SNAKE exhibit....boy, was that meant to be, or what?!)
Post a Comment