On Sunday I got sustained at church to be the 1st Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency for my ward. I'm really excited to be able to get to know some of the awesome ladies in our ward, since I've been with the primary and young women for like 7 or 8 years. (I did have a little break when I was pregnant with Landon, but it didn't really feel like it because I substituted in primary so often.) It's always nice to change things up and have something new to do. I also love serving with new people and getting the chance to know them better.
I have been walking twice a week at 5:30am. I'm a little more tired, but glad I'm doing it.
Jacob took his Writing TAKS test on Tuesday (a big assessment test that they've been preparing for literally all year). I am so glad that thing is done. He's had to write a story every week for homework and that is definitely not his favorite thing (it's like pulling teeth some days).
Zach has a really awesome cub scout leader and got to start making a volcano this week. I'm glad they get to do stuff like that at cub scouts because I'm usually not adventurous enough to try it at home.
Speaking of pulling teeth, I almost forgot. I pulled one of Savannah's bottom teeth out last night. The new tooth had already grown up behind it and was starting to push the baby tooth forward. But it was sticking out all nasty and she didn't want to brush her teeth because it hurt. So I was a mean mom and made her stand still (sobbing) while I pulled it out. It took all of two seconds and she had a smile on her face the rest of the night.
Lucy dug a huge hole next to our porch last night and actually dug underneath the foundation of the porch (which was like a foot and a half down). She still likes to bark at the neighbors too, but we still love her. She can now sit, shake and stay...as long as she's in the backyard. If we take her out front she gets way to excited and pretty much doesn't listen at all.
Landon has 5 teeth now and loves to grind them together. It sounds gross, but his smile sure is cute while he's doing it. He likes to terrorize Connor when he is in the walker by following him wherever he goes. He's also getting taller and we might have to rid of the tablecloth for a while, since he likes to pull on it while the kids are eating and has caused some spills.
Poor Connor had his 4-year-old check-up today. He was 37 pounds and 42" tall. They poked his finger and squeezed blood into a vial, gave him 5 nasty shots, took a urine sample, and did hearing and vision screenings. He was sad before we even got there and as we pulled into the parking lot he said (with big tears in his eyes) "I'm so scared Mommy. It's going to hurt me. I'm so sad." Breaks my heart. But of course he did it and earned a strawberry shake from Sonic afterward. He also has to get his vision double-checked because he didn't do very well on that part. So we're going to the eye doctor tomorrow.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, what a day! Poor Connor--I'm sending him a hug through the blog.
wow!! I can't believe Connor is 4 now! He is getting so big.
Our dog digs at the foundation too. The more we fill it back in the deeper she goes. We even put rocks in. she digs around those. when we finally stopped filling it in she stopped digging there. but we still have a hole. The price we pay for pets :)
Congrats on your new calling!
Post a Comment