Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cub Scout Day Camp Part 1

Cub Scout Day Camp is this week, for four days. Yesterday was the first day and I got to be with Jacob's group for the whole day. I'll go with Zach's group on Friday. Thanks to my awesome friend Betsy who watched the kids all day yesterday. That's the third year in a row she'd watched them for this.

It was very, very hot. It got over 100 degrees. But the boys still had a blast. The theme is "How to Train a Knight" and they have lots of activities around knights and castles. Here is some of what Jacob did yesterday. And he still has 3 days left.

Rock Wall
At first Jacob would only go up about 6 feet, but then he went about halfway up after he saw me go all the way up.
Yep, that's me. I couldn't resist.
They had lots of water activities to help keep them cool.
The sun dried him off in less than an hour.
Soccer
Swords
Engineering...he built a catapult
Leather working
BB guns...this was the favorite of both Jacob & Zach. Brother McCulloch helped Jacob get the hang of it again. I was amazed at the facts Jacob remembered about BB guns from previous years.
Towards the end of the day I saw Zach coming towards me and whipped out my camera. He was proudly leading his group.
I followed them to the rock wall for a few minutes and watched Zach go up part way a couple of times.
We came home exhausted and all slept great. The boys were excited to go again this morning, and I was happy to come home to air conditioning...until Friday.

1 comment:

Grandma LeSueur said...

Way cool stuff! (and such a brave mom, too!)