Savannah's class had eggs in an incubator that hatched into baby chicks. She loved watching the whole process and then holding them, so I couldn't say no when her teacher asked if we wanted to bring them home for the weekend. Connor's two favorite animals in the world are snakes and baby chicks. Funny combination, I know. That lucky boy has gotten to have both come and stay at our house now.
Landon loved watching them run all around on the tile, but we mostly had to keep him away from them so he didn't accidentally step on them when we took them out. After this first time when I took pictures we kept them in the laundry room, and that worked out much better.
There were 8 of them, and the scrawny one had just hatched that morning. The teacher threw in a couple of little stuffed animals that the chicks loved climbing over and laying on.
Landon wanted to hold one so bad so I compromised by letting it climb on his legs. He thought it was great.
They loved cuddling up on all of the kids' laps and going to sleep.
The kids kept an eye on them all while I cleaned out the bucket. Those little chicks ate and pooped a ton! I am happy we only had them for 3 days. Savannah's class was supposed to take them to a farm on Monday for their field trip, but on Thursday they called the teacher and said they already had too many and couldn't take them. I told her I'd try to find them a home, and I did! A friend of mine just moved to a ranch and wanted to have some chickens, so she took them for us. She even invited the kids to come out and see them when they get bigger. Savannah is thrilled about that. It was fun to have you chicks, but I'm glad the mess, noise and smell is gone.












1 comment:
In the second photo, I love how Landon's hair and the chick's feathers match!
You are such a good Mom to let critters come to visit!
Post a Comment