Having seven people in this house, we go through food pretty quick. I know that it's only going to get worse as these kids get older, so I wanted to document for my journal some of the staples that we go through in one week.
*7-8 gallons of milk (we've actually cut back on that)
*2-3 large loaves of bread, along with other rolls/biscuits/etc.
*18 eggs
*3-4 boxes of cereal
*40 servings of yogurt
*lots of cheese, I can't even keep track
*finally eating about the same amounts of raw vegetables as cooked vegetables
*lots and lots of fruit - this week we have about 8 lbs. of grapes, 6 lbs. of strawberries, a large bag of apples (15?), applesauce, a large bag of pears, a large container of kiwi, 2 large bunches of bananas, a pineapple, and some oranges (and we'll probably go through it all in the next 6 days)
And that's just the basics. I would be at the store now at least twice a week if it wasn't for having our second fridge/freezer, because it just wouldn't all fit. A couple of years ago I thought how nice it would be if I could plan ahead and only go to the store once every two weeks. Ha! That will not be happening for many, many, many years. But that's okay. It's part of my job, and I love my job.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good documentation--you need to compare it to when you have at least 3 teenagers....
Post a Comment