We had our ward Christmas party on Friday night and had a GREAT time! It was a pioneer theme. We learned to dance the Virginia Reel and Cotton Eyed Joe. Connor, Savannah, and Jacob loved the dancing. Landon was pretty overwhelmed with all the people and wouldn't let me put him down for a while, so I just danced holding him. Zach wouldn't do any dancing that involved touching girls, but he had fun doing the line dance at the end with Sister Townsend.

Then we did some "stick pulling."
There was lots of appetizers and treats, and a room with crafts for the kids.
At the end Sister Millett let all the kids have a turn with her bells and led them through some Christmas hymns.
Instead of Santa we had a visit from Mary, Joseph, and baby "Jesus." I loved that it brought the real Christmas spirit.
This was probably one of my favorite ward parties. I loved how the dancing brought everyone together, young and old. It was nice to have a big open room with no tables too, because it made it much easier to move around and talk to people.








3 comments:
It really was so much fun! Amelia just loved the dancing, who knew there was something for all ages like that.
How awesome is that?! And I never would have guessed that Connor & Savannah would be such great dos-i-doe-ers!!
I miss our ward SO MUCH! Oh man! I can't wait to come visit in June!!
Post a Comment