Zach turned 10 today! I can't believe this kid has been in our family for a whole decade already. Zach always has something interesting to say and we love having him in our family.
Zach wanted to mostly celebrate his birthday yesterday, since his "real" birthday fell on a Sunday. We rented a redbox movie and Wii game and he had a good friend over for the day. He also opened his presents yesterday as well.
Zach wanted to go out to eat with just Mom & Dad for his birthday (which is a big deal at our house, I don't think it's ever happened before). I asked him what kind of food he wanted so we could narrow down the restaurant. He said "I want to eat lots of different desserts." That was easy enough. We went to Golden Corral, and this one had the most variety of food I've ever seen. The dessert buffet had cotton candy, ice cream sundaes, fondue, homemade donuts, pies, cookies, you name it. Zach was in heaven. First he ate some pizza, a roll, and chips. Then he moved on to cotton candy, a cupcake, a brownie, an ice cream cone, and then topped it off with fudge and a big glass of sprite. Sugar coma? Why yes, he slept in until 9:00 this morning (which is also unheard of in this house).
The main thing Zach wanted was money. He is saving for some sort of electronic device, probably a Kindle Fire. He got some money from us and also this from Grandma & Grandpa. I loved the memories for each year of Zach's life, and he enjoyed reading them.
Lego Ninjago spinner
Some books about rocks and minerals that he really wanted
This one makes me laugh. A few months ago out of the blue Zach said "Mom, what were those sheets I slept on at Great-Grandmother's house?" (Like a year before) I told him they were satin sheets and he said "I want satin sheets for my birthday." Well I thought it was funny and told my mom, but she actually found satin sheets on sale. Zach has always been really sensitive to how things touch and feel, especially his clothes and blankets. He was SO excited to sleep in these sheets last night. Good job Grandma.
Today we made Zach's cake. He was very specific (like he is with everything). Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, and mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. He decorated the top with a number 10.
I was telling Zach that the main memory I have from the day he was born was that I was laughing while I was delivering him. I was induced and it was less than 4 hours before he was born. I only had to push a few times, and the when the doctor told me after the first push that he was really close I was so relieved I started laughing. (I was also pretty medicated, so I'm sure that helped too.) She said "Keep laughing! That's helping!" That made me laugh more and I kind of laughed him out of me.
We love you Zach!









2 comments:
Great kid, great celebration! Happy Birthday, Zach!!
We love you, Zach!! Happy 10th Birthday!! (that's pretty cool to have a picture of you blowing out your birthday candles, with your Christmas Tree behind you!!)
Post a Comment