Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Break - Monday to Thursday

Monday:  I was still very sick, so my awesome friend Erin took the 3 older kids to the movies and her house for the afternoon.  They were so happy to get out of the house.
Tuesday:  I was feeling a little better, so we met some other friends at the big Play for All park.  We will NEVER again go during Spring Break.  It was insanely crowded.
Wednesday:  I was feeling even better and ran errands all morning while Jacob babysat.  We had friends over all afternoon.  I was exhausted by the end of the day.
Thursday:  I took Savannah, her best friend M, Connor, and Landon to Zilker Park for the morning.  Jacob & Zach had their friend E over and had the house all to themselves.  (We swapped Wii games with some friends for the week and it was the best.  We will definitely do it again in the summer.)
We played a little on the playground and then rode the train.  Landon loved the train ride, and especially loved seeing the hundreds of kites trapped in the trees from the Kite Festival a few weeks ago.
 
 
 Connor was so calm on the train ride and hardly said a word.  He just sat back and relaxed.
 Then we went to the dino pit for a couple of hours and had a picnic.  We lucked out and had a few other families from our ward there at the same time.  Landon was so happy to "DIG!"
Thursday afternoon Jacob had an appointment to get a physical and a few immunizations.  He'd had a funny rash all week that we thought was some kind of allergies.  It turns out he's had a viral infection, probably the same one I have but just manifested differently.  Because he was sick he now has to go back at a later time to get his shots.  Fun times.

No comments: