Thursday, March 28
We spent the morning at Seawolf Park, which is at the tip of Galveston on Pelican Island. There is a World War II submarine and destroyer escort permanently docked there, and you can tour them all on your own. First we walked through the USS Cavalla, which was built during the war. It is there as a memorial to the USS Seawolf, which was a submarine that was lost at sea.
I think I would be a little nervous sleeping right above a huge missile, but Savannah and Connor had fun pretending. Dallin & I were both reading the book "The Hunt for Red October," so it was neat touring a real sub at the same time.
This is the only family picture we have from our entire trip, squinting, screaming and all.
The USS Stewart was a destroyer escort built during World War II.
Captain Connor Strong
Landon didn't want to stop to look at anything, so after I went through quickly with the little kids I took them over to the park so that Dallin & Jacob could really look at everything and actually learn something.
The pelicans in Galveston or so cool to watch. They always fly in formation, and usually at least 3 or 4 together.
Zach loved this little island, with all the birds and creatures to look for.
Zach pretended to be a pelican, and actually waddled slowly over to them so he could get close.
And of course, feeding more seagulls...










1 comment:
I LOVE the Zach-as-a-Pelican photo! Wow, it's cool that you got to tour a REAL submarine, too!
Post a Comment