Monday, June 16, 2008

Horton Hears a Connor...

Today the boys started swim lessons through the city parks & rec. They had a great time and are so excited to go back tomorrow. I don't get to take pictures until the last day though (at least pictures that will turn out good)...they make the parents wait outside the fence so we're not a distraction.

We also went to the movie theater this afternoon. We have a decent discount theater here and today it was only 5o cents! (Thanks for the idea Kristi). I took the kids to "Horton Hears a Who." We sat in the very back so I could escape quickly if needed...and I did. Connor did great during the first 30 minutes because I was feeding him treats. But as soon as they were gone he wanted out of his stroller and to be as noisy as possible. So to make a long story short, I sat out in the hall with a very not happy Connor (and sometimes Savannah, who went back and forth) while the boys watched the movie. I just peeked in on them every once in a while. They enjoyed it and I only wasted 50 cents, so I'd say it was still worth it. I just won't be taking Connor again for a very long while.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

How fun! We were able to make it tonight for family night and wound up seeing the Ferguson's there too, it was fun! Glad you had a good (er...okay) time!

Carrie Medford said...

That would be fun to take the kids to a movie. But I think I would have the same kind of experience--out in the hall!

J said...

Lauree, Hi this is Jessica, Darrels wife. I would definitely love it you kept up on our blog, and I would love to keep up on yours. There is nothing better than family blogs when you are far away from them! I hope you guys are liking TX though!

The Wilkes said...

I totally know what you mean. If you ever dare take a 2 year old and under to the movies, you always have to plan on spending some time out in the hall. We saw Kung Fu Panda and I spent most of the time on the exit ramp in the theater so Avery could crawl around.