Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Octopuses are allergic to shoes...

Normally I would do this as a "Kid Moment" on our sidebar, but it was kinda long so I'm just making it a regular post. I was writing most of it down as it was going on, but the boys didn't know it.

We were talking about our beach trip and how amazing it was that we found Jacob's lost shoe...
Zach: Did you know that octopuses are allergic to shoes?
Me: Really. How do you know that?
Zach: They're just too squishy.
Me: Their legs are too squishy for shoes?
Zach: Only the big octopuses are too squishy for shoes.
Me: Well Henry the Octopus wears shoes (from The Wiggles).
Zach: Well he's not squishy.
Me: So where did you learn all this?
Zach: Miss Pam taught me everything about the ocean.
Jacob: You don't know EVERYTHING about the ocean.
Zach: Well ALMOST everything. Miss Pam has been there. She teaches me everything I learn.
Jacob: No, you should learn EVERYTHING just about the last day of college. You still have way too much to learn Zach. You won't be in college for a long time.

So I guess it's official...I've had my last day of college so I know EVERYTHING!

4 comments:

Rick said...

Well, you are a mother. According to Calvin & Hobbes (dating myself, I know), you can't be a mom unless you can fix (or know) everything.

Lisa said...

I am so glad to know EVERYTHING too! Thank you ASU! Aren't kids funny sometimes. While I was cleaning this morning Mia asked if she could help. "Absolutely" I said...Then she looked around and said..."I meant later" then went to play.

Carrie Medford said...

Congratulations on knowing everything! I must know everything too! I wonder if he'll still think that when he graduates from college. But he also didn't specify which kind of degree you had to have...

Johnson Family said...

Lauree, I love your "Kid Moments", those will be priceless to you someday and in the meantime we other moms love to know that we are not alone. Keep up the great posting. You need to get a posting award!! Christa