Monday, June 2, 2008

Swimming and sand castles...

This morning I went to the grocery store early and then Dallin went for a jog on the beach. The kids were excited that they could see him from the balcony.Right when we got out to the beach Dallin took Jacob out on the boogie board. After 2 times out Dallin had to go in and change his clothes because something was itching him really bad. Apparently the water here is so warm that there is lots of "sea lice." Dallin researched and found out that they are the larvae of little jellyfish. Lovely. So we won't be going too far out...just about thigh deep. But it was a fun morning anyway...
Connor loves the water more than any little kid I've ever seen. The second we let go of his hand he would just take off running to the water. He loved the waves even. He's still not feeling great but loved getting out and doing things today.
Savannah was afraid of the waves and didn't spend much time in the water. But she was loving the sand and building (or trying to build) sandcastles.
I had to force Connor to sit in the sand for a while when I got tired of chasing him...
Jacob, Savannah and I in the water...
Dallin trying to keep Connor occupied for a few minutes out of the water...
Zach was totally freaked out of going in the water because of the seaweed touching his legs. But he spent most of the time filling buckets with the water and making various creations. This was his "seaweed soup."
Jacob loved the water and was sad when we wouldn't go out really far anymore.
In the afternoon we went in to Port Aransas to do a little shopping and have dinner. This beach shop had a HUGE shark that you could walk all the way through, which the boys that was great. We ate dinner at a TexMex restaurant called San Juan's I think. It was fun!
Savannah and Dallin came in through the back. Savannah thought it was really neat until she saw it from the front...and did NOT want to go back in.
Zach found this at another souvenir shop. He didn't know what the front looked like...only that he got to put his head in a hole.
Today is also my birthday so we had cake to celebrate when we got back from dinner. What a great birthday! It's one I'll never forget!

11 comments:

j&krosser said...

I am jealous. I have been wanting to go to the beach forever and Happy Birthday!

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday! I thought of you but didn't have your cell # to wish you a happy day. It looks like you had a lot of fun though. I love Zach the mermaid.

Sheen Family said...

What great memories!! I had a goofy smile on my face looking at all of the pictures - especially the one of Zach's head on the lady's body - that's a keeper for the future!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like it was a great one!

Corbett Family said...

It sounds like you guys are having a great time. Happy Birthday! I was hoping we could plan an outing for your birthday when you get back, but then I will be leaving. Maybe we can just do it a few weeks late when I get back!

Carrie Medford said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you guys are having a good time and didn't have to drive a million hours to get to VA to do it! We'll see you guys in July!

kristen said...

So much fun! Happy Birthday Lauree.

Holly and Brad said...

Happy Birthday Lauree! It looks like you guys are having an awesome time! We are soo jealous!! Love the pictures though..keep em coming :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you guys are having a great time. Enjoy!

Jeannie said...

That pic of the kids in the wooden cutout is HILARIOUS LOL :) Happy Bday, I'm glad you had such a fun day!!!!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday to You! Cant wait to hear all about your trip when you get back!

Jessica said...

Happy (late) Birthday! It looks like you guys had a blast at the beach!