Thursday, November 20, 2008

Playin' hooky 11/20

Today I let the boys stay out of school and we went downtown (before it's crowded during the holidays). Jacob requested that we visit the State Capitol Building. The kids actually loved it, and we didn't even have time to go to the Visitor's Center. We'll save that for another day...
The boys posing with Stephen Austin...
Quite the crew!
Then we headed over to the Austin Children's Museum. It's very different from what I expected. The kids loved it and had a great time. Zach said "This is just a big play place!" Everything is hands-on.

Savannah in the construction gear for building stuff...
The boys were so excited to find this...at the Children's Museum. It's a replica of the Capitol building we had just been at.
The little guys enjoying the "pond" in the toddler area...
Jacob & Zach learning how gears work
I think this was Connor's favorite spot. There were balls to roll and different textures on the floor to touch and walk on.
Hangin' out...
Zach mastering the excavator...
Jacob's favorite spot was the giant train table. Zach loved the train "station" but all of those pictures were too dark.
Savannah being a "vet" with stuffed animals...yeah, she was in heaven.
...and cooking in the "kitchen."
At the end Ana Paula & Joshua took us on a bus tour of downtown. Just kidding!
After the museum we had lunch at McDonald's and then stopped by "Town Lake" for a minute so Ana Paula could get a couple of pictures. The 3 younger kids fell asleep on the way home. It was a GREAT time!

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

what an AMAZING time!!!!!! I am so jealous! I LOVE children's museums!!!!! How fun to make memories especially when family is visiting. The pictures were great!